Tuesday, January 24, 2012

QOTD: Grandma says ...

I called my grandma last night to wish her a happy Chinese new year. She lives in Hong Kong while I live in Vancouver. Before I go on, you need to know that my grandma is super cool, smart and has a social life like no other senior. Last time I was in Hong Kong, it took me three days to actually reach her at home because she was always out. Anyways, our phone conversations are usually about catching each other up on our latest happenings. However, this time there was a little twist.

Me:          So what have you been up to for the holidays, grandma?

Grandma: Oh, on Saturday, this organization had a social event where we only had to pay $40 but it  included ... (basically went on a long description about her day and then started talking about her neighbour who helps her out a lot) ... she has stronger legs so she goes downstairs to get the newspaper everyday. After she finishes it, she gives it to me to read. She also helps me around and makes sure to include me any events she goes to.

Me:           She sounds really nice. It's good to have nice neighbours.

Grandma:  It really is great to have such good neighbours. It's better to have close neighbours than relatives who live far away.

Me:           {is she talking about me?}

2 comments:

  1. jenjen! IT IS I!!! THE WOMAN OF YOUR DREAMS! hahaha Actually it's just me, Cat!(; I love LOVE your style of writing! :D Keep it up! I'm gonna be stalking you...everyyyyday hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cat! I am super honoured that you want to stalk me. :) Hopefully, I'll be able to consistently update posts. I checked out your blog too and can't wait to see more!

      Delete