Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Best Birthday Ever! (Part 3)

The Sunday after my birthday, my family and I went down to the States for my birthday meal. My family has a tradition where the person whose birthday it is gets to choose what they want for a meal, whether it is at home or at a restaurant, in addition to a cake. This year I got a side bonus where my parents made me abalone congee. :) (I love love love abalone) Last year I chose a Japanese restaurant on Main St. and this year I picked the Cheesecake Factory due to an incessant craving for an excess of cream and fat.

Why? I have no idea. My actual birthday was already full of chocolatey-creamy goodness. In addition to the chocolate mouse I had already eaten for dessert at Les Faux Bourgeois, I also had another slice of the chocolate cake that was waiting for me at home.



(Fried macaroni and cheese balls)


(Fettucine with Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes)


(Dulce de leche Cheesecake)

I actually did not like what I had at the Cheesecake Factory. It was waaay too heavy and creamy. And not in the "YUUUMMM, can't wait to eat more" way, more like "Omg, I want to throw up way". The fried mac'n'cheese was made with mozzarella and served in cream sauce. The pasta actually tasted better the next day when I added more tomatoes and some white wine.

We also dropped by the Seattle Premium Outlet but like the mall at Bellevue, there was nothing to buy. The only thing I spent money on was a pretzel from Auntie Anne's. In the end, it was still Walmart and Target that made it all worth while.

(My sister at Walmart)

No comments:

Post a Comment