Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day 2012!

Why is there a day to celebrate love but not one to celebrate friendship? Lovers may come and go, but best friends will always be there for you. 

Last Friday, just as I was lamenting that my youth was quickly passing by and my social life was as inactive as ever, I found this waiting at home for me.

{Hello Kitty duct tape!}

No, it is not a Coach gift card but something even better. C, one of my dearest friends, always puts a lot of thought into her gifts and this lovely surprise sent by snail-mail was no exception. 



Inside the carefully taped package was a super sweet (though at times a bit intense, haha) Valentine's card and hand & body soap from Lush. The soap smells heavenly of jasmine and I predict that it will be a while before I can bear to use it. 


I have always believed that the value of a present is not in how much it costs but in how well it represents the receiver. I love the card because of the feelings expressed in it and I love the soap because it is so unexpected* but so totally appropriate for me. There is nothing better in this world than to have friends who know you so well and are willing to spend time letting you know they care.


Thank you so much C! Hope you and everyone else has a great Valentine's Day! Whether you are in love, out of love or just simply single, celebrate that you are alive today by doing something sweet for someone around you.


P.S. Check out the Kelowna stamp! Its their version of the Loch Ness Monster. 


*Any reference to Valentine's usually involves chocolate, candy and teddy bears.

1 comment: